Nouvelle publication ! (New publication!)

Last August, my friend and collaborator Antonio Cordero sent me an e-mail asking for assistance in analyzing some respirometry data he had collect on lizard eggs incubated at different altitudes (and thus different levels of oxygen availability). While a post-doc at Lund University in Sweden, Antonio had spent the summer here at the CNRS in Moulis conducting this experiment (see his blog post about the experiment). Of course, I was more than happy to help with the analysis and glad to learn about the great work that was happening here. From these conversations, Antonio thought that I would be a great fit to work with Fabien Aubret, a researcher here at the station and collaborator on the project. I was scouting around for post-doc opportunities at the time and was keen especially to find something in Europe, so I wrote to Fabien and suggested the possibility. He was on board and within just a few weeks we had a proposal together for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship. It seemed like a long shot, especially given the short amount of time we had, but we decided to go for it...and here I am!

I'm glad to say that the first paper of this collaboration, the experiment conducted by Antonio last summer which he originally contacted me about, is now published in the Journal of Experimental Zoology A.

You can find "Physiological plasticity in lizard embryos exposed to high-altitude hypoxia" by Cordero et al. here:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jez.2115/abstract?campaign=wolearlyview

Comments

Popular Posts